Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
To make this notice easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
- the types of information we hold about you
- the purposes for which we hold this information
- how we use this information
- how long we will keep this information
- how this information is kept safe
Personal Information that we hold
- information that you provide to use via this website, telephone, email or during the application process including but not limited to:
- your name, date of birth, contact information
- employment / income status
- financial situation and credit history
- information about your past, present and future addresses and your residential status at these addresses
- information about your use of our websites
Purposes of holding this information
If you are a tenant or guarantor
we hold this information to enable us to provide tenant checking services to our clients.
If you are a landlord or letting agent
we hold this information to enable us to provide tenant checking services to you and for our own marketing and service development purposes.
How we use this information
We may contact you by post, email or telephone. If you do not want to be contacted by us you must let us know at the time your information is submitted to us. We will assume that you consent to our use of the information as explained here unless you object to us in writing at the address shown below.
We do not sell, trade or share any personal information held by us except that:
- we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting or marketing partners or employees
- we will disclose information held by us where required to do so by law or to assist with legal proceedings
If you are a tenant, or prospective tenant:
- your personal information will be disclosed in part or in full to our customer (usually the person to whom you are applying for the property) and the account holder will be able to view the information entered on your application.
- we may also disclose your information to credit reference agencies or insurance reference agencies, or to providers of insurance directly related to your tenancy.
If you are a client, or prospective client:
- we may disclose your information to insurers or insurance brokers
we will disclose your information to our service providers
- You are entitled in law to receive a copy of personal information or data about you that is held by us on receipt of payment of an administration fee.
We will ensure to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How long personal information is held for
We will not hold personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes detailed above.
For customers, we will continue to hold your information in order to maintain an active account for you unless you request your account is closed.
For tenants, we will hold your information throughout the tenancy and for a reasonable period of time thereafter in case there is a dispute or pending legal action.
How we keep your information safe
We process and hold all personal data we collect in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable laws relating to data protection.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We hold electronic records on site at the address below on our secure network server and remotely on our secure web server. We also hold paper records and references/documents at our referencing centre which has strict security policies and staff only access areas.
Our contact information:
UKALA Tenant Check
c/o FLS Tenant Referencing Services
Lakesview Business Park
T: 01227 250048